I have had Identity theft happen to me and I have also messed up my credit. I want to move in July 2009. I would like to clear up my credit a.s.a.p.
What are the best solutions to clearing up my credit?
Clearing up your credit is a rather simple affair that you can easily do yourself.
- Order a copy of your consolidated credit report online and get the credit score option. Use this consolidated credit report, it’s the one I use myself.
- Once you download your report, print it out. The report will show which credit bureaus are showing negative information for each account.
- Using the credit bureau contact information in the consolidated credit report, contact each bureau and tell them what information on your report is incorrect.
- The credit score will clearly tell you what you need to do to increase your credit score.
- If you find open but delinquent accounts on your credit report you can use the contact information for each creditor provided in the consolidated credit report to contact those creditors and make arrangements to pay off that old debt.
That’s it! See, it is pretty easy to do.
Once you’ve finished all of this, come back and I’ll show you how to rebuild and restore your credit.