I saw a commercial with a website claiming to help with student loan debt. They listen a website and a phone number. The website was www.studentloansupport.us. Once I filled out a small questionnaire I was notified by phone from the company. A guy named Travis asked for some background info such as Name, where I work, if I have any dependents, my social security number, and also wanted my FASFA pin. I didn’t have my pin # so I asked if I could call him back. The number he gave to call back on was (657) 210-9156.
I want to know if this is a legit company and if I should use them for help. If not, do you have any recommendations for student loan help (for consolidation and lower monthly payments)?
The options for dealing with your student loans are very straightforward if you owe federal loans. In that case you can talk directly with the U.S. Department of Education for free about your options. For private loans your options will depend on what the loan servicing company offers.
Alternatively you can read my free guide The Ultimate Guide to Dealing With Student Loans You Can’t Afford.
You are more than welcome to pay someone else to do something you can do yourself for free. That’s your choice.
If you decide you want to use this company be sure to do your homework and check them out.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
Student Loan Resources
You can use the following student loan resources to help reorganize, discharge or forgive your student loan payments.
The Overall Guide to Dealing With Student Loan Debt
Get Help For Your Student Loan Problem
Discharge Your Student Loans in Bankruptcy
- How to Really Discharge Your Student Loans in Bankruptcy. Many Can. But Never Try.
- A Look at Sallie Mae and Other Student Loans Discharged in Bankruptcy in 2012
- Federal Student Loans Discharged in Bankruptcy. A Look at the Surprising 2012 Data and Cases.
- These Private Student Loans Can Be Easily Discharged in Bankruptcy
- All Student Loan Bankruptcy Discharge Articles
Getting Sued Over a Student Loan
Private Student Loan Help
Student Loan Default
Student Loan Forgiveness and Discharge Information
- The Ultimate Guide to Dealing With Student Loans You Can’t Afford
- Obama Student Loan Forgivess Program
- Military Student Loan Forgiveness and Discharge Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness or Discharge Can Create a Huge Tax Bill. Watch Out!
- Student Loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness – New Forms and Documentation Released
- Government Student Loan Disability Discharge
Watch Out for Student Loan Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Assistance Rescue Scams On the Rise – Buyer Beware
- Student Loan Assistance Report Out. Shows Danger of Such Programs.
Administrative Wage Garnishment
Student Loan Consolidation Information
- Student Loan Consolidation Payment and Interest Rate Calculator
- Student Loan Consolidation Opportunities and the Best Way to Lower Your Student Loan Payments
- Federal Direct Consolidation Loan Online Calculator
Specific Federal Student Loan Repayment Program Information
- Standard Repayment Plan
- Graduated Repayment Plan
- Extended Repayment Plan
- Income Based Repayment Plan
- Pay As You Earn Repayment Plan
- Income Contingent Repayment Plan
- Income Sensitive Repayment Plan
Maybe College Isn’t the Answer
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.