I Got Screwed Over By the Bankruptcy Trustee and Lost My House. – Gina


“Dear Steve,

Several years ago, I filed for bankruptcy in order to save my home. I began making Plan Payments as instructed by the Bankruptcy Trustee. It was not until six months later when the Mortgage company filed for relief of stay that I learned the Mortgage company had not received my payments.

After paying an attorney (who forgot to file papers for me to answer the Mortgage company complaint), the court granted the relief of stay and I lost my home. I found out that the Bankruptcy Trustee had been sending my Plan Payments to the wrong address; so, the Mortgage company never received them and assumed I was simply ignoring them.

I was told I needed an attorney to challenge the Bankruptcy Trustee, and that would cost up front money of at least $5,000, which I have not had. I have yet to recover from this mess. I don’t really know what to ask at this point, it’s been a long, hard time for my son and me.

Do you know of any agency that is available to mediate between a debtor and the Bankruptcy Trustee. Thanks so much.


Dear Gina,

Wow, you really got screwed over.

It seems the best recourse at this point would be to contact the United State Trustee program at the Department of Justice that is responsible for most bankruptcy trustees in the United States, except for those in Alabama and North Carolina.

The correct office for you to contact depends on what part of the country you live in. Here are the regional contacts.

Best of luck on your fight!


You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.

See also  My Home is Being Sold in My Bankruptcy. Do I Have to Move Now?

1 thought on “I Got Screwed Over By the Bankruptcy Trustee and Lost My House. – Gina”

  1. Dear Steve:
    Thanks so much for publishing my question, for answering it for me with the very helpful information. I will contact the Department of Justice, U.S. Trustee program as you suggest. I really appreciate your understanding, your caring and the hug. Big hug for you, too.



Leave a Comment