I engaged ‘World Law Debt’ to handle my debts around 2012. They seemed honest at first, but I now understand that it was an elaborate scam operation from the get-go. They swindled me out of a little over 7,000 dollars, settled none of my debts, and made me look like a fool in court litigation.
The story has a happy ending though. Good riddance to WLD now, and I am totally out of debt… I did it all myself with no help from WLD. And, I figure I have saved about $35,000 in settling the way I did handle my personal consumer and medical debts. Anyway, I’m glad they are out of business… or are they? Hence my question.
World Law Debt may be defunct, but they may have gone under more than once before, and resurfaced only to do business again and continue to scam people out of their money with impunity. How can I find out if the people behind ‘World Law Debt,’ ‘World Law Processing,’ etc. are not now operating under another name? (I don’t plan on seeking out any debt relief services, I’m just interested in monitoring these hucksters and let the world know about them.)
Yes, World Law is now kaput. It’s not uncommon for such outfits or the people behind them to resurface.
One thing you could do is setup a Google Alert for some of the people involved in the debacle.
I do publish the following guides on how to check out a company:
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- 10 Must Do Steps to Find the Best Credit Counseling or Debt Settlement Company for You
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
But I don’t publish a guide on the tricks and tips I use to monitor such things. If I tipped my hand then subjects might take evasive action.
But here is one little think to check. Apparently Derin Scott, one of the guys behind World Law, owns or has been involved with a number of other companies.
You can go to this link and see more about Derin Scott and maybe use that as a launching pad to begin your monitoring.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
- Who Knew TitleMax Sucked This Bad? - February 23, 2023
- Litigation Practice Group Lawsuit by Business Partner All Service Financial – We Want Our Money - January 24, 2023
- HomeAdvisor and Angi to Pay Up To $7.2 Million and Stop Deceptively Marketing its Leads for Home Improvement Projects - January 23, 2023