An amazing reader Donate sent in a new debt relief mailer through my I Buy Junk Mail program.
The reader said, “I noticed the amounts on my letter were exactly the same as the letter you posted. My letter look different but the amounts are the same as you will see. I have been getting so many of these debt collection letters. I notice we get more since I opened an American Express card. It is through Delta and I opened it for the flight miles. Not sure if it has anything to do with that but that was my observation. Again this is just one letter of many.”
What concerned me was the reader thought this was a debt collection letter when in fact it is a debt relief sales letter that attempt to cloak as an official government looking communication.
There is almost nothing to be believed in this letter and it’s not till you read the fine print that you understand this is just a sales pitch. The fine print says, “Consumer may be referred to a Non-Profit or For-Profit Debt Relief Agency upon detailed analysis of current financial state.”
Some of the more ridiculous statements in this letter:
- “You have been selected by our Management Division and are now eligible to resolve this debt.” The reality is the name and address was selected out of a mailing list and everyone is always “eligible” to resolve their debt.
- “This proposal must be redeemed.” It’s a lead generation marketing letter.
- “Call toll-free IMMEDIATELY to avoid loss of these negotiated terms.” What a crock. Nothing has been negotiated and the fine print says so.
- “Failure to respond may affect your program rights.” What rights? The right to be sold to?
This offer was able to be reviewed because a kind reader sent it in via my I Buy Junk Mail program.
If you receive a credit or debt relief offer in the mail, do some good and let me pay you for it. Click here.
Want to See More Mailers?
Want to see more mailers I’ve reviewed as part of this program? Click Here.
- We Rise From the Dead Yet Again – Podcast - October 2, 2023
- Lexington Law Credit Repair Gets Hammered in Lawsuit Settlement. If You Sell Credit Repair – Wake Up! - August 28, 2023
- People That Got Scammed by Robocall Debt Relief Company Life Management Services of Orange County to Get Money Back - July 7, 2023