I am a teacher in Texas in a lot of debt when I say this organization and the movement against the government on this topic. I find too much information not enough clarity.
A non profit called student loan movement in California has a forgiveness program offering and I not sure I should pay for this nonprofit. I found out little about them I live out of state in Texas but somehow talked with them.
Since they are non-profit can they still charge me fees for the program
Than you very much – B
I did locate a company named Student Loan Movement that says they are located at 500 N. State College Blvd. #1100, Orange CA 92868. – Source
That address appears to be a month-to-month virtual office space.
As of the time of this post, the State of California has no listing for a company named Student Loan Movement that is registered to do business.
You asked if a non-profit can charge you a fee for services. Absolutely they can. Most people misunderstand what being a non-profit really means. They can run like a business and make a profit, they just don’t pay tax on the profit they make.
I searched the IRS site for registered charities and there was no result for a company named Student Loan Movement.
It’s not clear from your question what your issue is regarding your student loans. If you are looking for lower payment options for federal student loans, they are available. A good place to start is by using the free federal student loan repayment estimator.
If you want to take a closer look at this company then I would recommend that you should read the following free guides.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- 10 Must Do Steps to Find the Best Credit Counseling or Debt Settlement Company for You
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
At this point, it is not clear who this company really is, or who is behind it. The company name is so generic that it makes it hard to research.
If you gather any more information, let me know in the comments below.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
- What Will Happen With My Tuition Answer Private Student Loans - August 16, 2022
- Do This First When Getting Out of Debt or You Will Make a Million Dollar Mistake – Podcast - August 16, 2022
- Title Max Says I Still Have to Pay on My Broken Car Loan - August 15, 2022