Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts Bankruptcy Related

I Owe a Deficiency From My Repossessed Vehicle. – Denise

“Dear Steve,

I owe a deficiency of $15,000 for a repossessed vehicle that my credit union auctioned. And am thinking about just adding all my other debt (medical bills) to the bankruptcy. The collectors for my medical bills haven’t contacted me in a while, and I want to know how much I owe the collectors. I don’t even know who the collectors are. :/..(I’m from California)…I’m currently unemployed. I haven’t received a credit report since I had leased my now-repossessed car (2 years) ago, and I’m ridiculously broke.


Dear Denise,

Yes, you can just add the repossession deficiency into the bankruptcy. I would suggest you ask your bankruptcy attorney if they can run your credit report for you. That way they will have all the information on hand to file.

morehelp1 Choice1 Choice2 Choice3 Big Hug!
Get Out of Debt Guy - Twitter , G+ , Facebook
If you have a credit or debt question you'd like to ask just use the online form .

READ  The Repo Man Took My Motorcycle and Sold It. - Shelby

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

1 Comment

  • If I am in default of a car loan and attroney contact me to pay default.and if not Toyota which to reposses or take the necessary steps to obtain a judgement against me to collect past due If I do not take action to cure arrearage. Do that mean if I pay arrearage I will still be able to continue with my montyly payment?????????????

Share a Comment / Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top
%d bloggers like this: