Subscribe to our mailing list


I Keep Losing My Tax Return to Student Loans. – Laurie

By on February 24, 2010
I Keep Losing My Tax Return to Student Loans. – Laurie

“Dear Steve,

In 1994 I went to beauty college and was married and really couldn’t afford it so I got a student loan and then I was working for regis hairstylist and hurt my back and they wouldn’t take me back…then got a job doing janital work and broke my back and couldn’t work for 6 yrs. and lived on 500.00 dallors a month on labor and industries…in 2007 a wonderful Dr. took out the hardware I had in my back and was able to return to work but all I can find to do is seasonal…and now they are taking my income tax for my student loan and it is hurting me finanially…that I may loose my house…I have already lost everything else…is there any relief for me, thank you for reading hope to hear from you,


Dear Laurie,

Since you are not permanently disabled and your loan is clearly in default, your options are limited. If this is a government backed loan then you may want to explore the Income Based Repayment program (IBR) and see if that might give you some break.

morehelp1 Choice1 Choice2 Choice3 Big Hug!
Get Out of Debt Guy - Twitter , G+ , Facebook
If you have a credit or debt question you'd like to ask just use the online form .

READ  Pam Is Out Of Cash And Out Of Time

About Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Share a Comment / Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: