Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts Bankruptcy Related

Girlfriend Just Had Our Baby and My Car Got Repossessed. – Steve

“Dear Steve,

Situation *
my girl friend just had our child she was out of work and i am in deep financial hole. car got repossessed due back payments.

i would like to file for bankruptcy but i did not file my tax return for last year ,because i knew i was going to owe. can i still file it now and go ahead with bankruptcy? Oh yeah i saw on my loan account that the bank had a C.P.I insurance on the car and it paid off the money i owed on the car with $500 dollars credit in my account is that possible not that i am complaining about that.


Dear Steve,

It should not be a problem but you will be asked to provide proof of your income during that time. The bankruptcy attorney office you select will be able to easily help you through the process.

You can click here to find a local bankruptcy attorney and make sure you pick one that you have a good gut feeling about and can easily communicate with. The process is pretty dry but you want to make sure you have a good relationship for excellent communications.

Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.


You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.

READ  I Feel Like I've Paid Enough on This Auto Title Loan

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top