Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts Judgment

How Can I Get an Old Default Judgment Vacated?

Written by Steve Rhode

“Dear Steve,

Hi Steve:

10 years ago discover card got a default judgment against me, as I failed to reply there summon.

Then on January 28 2013, a collection firm send me a summon with a complain behalf of Discover Card with a 20 days date range to reply with their summon, I mailed them a letter in response to with Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

However, they reply back to me but did not comply with the validation and also did not provide me a copy of the original signed loan agreement or credit card application. I also reply back to them with a letter stating that they have failed to send adequate documentation and proof, and have not complied with the violation of the FDCPA, section 809 (b).

The old judgement expired on March 10, 2013 but they went to the court on March 28, 2013 and got a default judgment against me on April 2nd 2013 .
•They did not notify me for court hearing .
•They failed to provide me validation within 30 days.
•And they renewed the judgment in court after the old judgment is expired.

I need your help how to vacate this default judgment, and lawyers are asking me so much money to do that. Please help me”

closeup of a gavel on cash, from above

I am not a lawyer. You need to find a lawyer who is licensed in your state to assist you with that.

Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.

morehelp1 Choice1 Choice2 Choice3 Big Hug!
Get Out of Debt Guy - Twitter , G+ , Facebook
If you have a credit or debt question you'd like to ask just use the online form .

READ  I've Ignored My Debt for a Long Time and I'm Not Sure How to Proceed. - Brian

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.


Share a Comment / Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top
%d bloggers like this: