A reader has just sent in a mailer they received from an entity called Student Loan Client Services. Talk about a generic name.
The mailer, which appears to pretend to be an official government mailer, and was sent from postal permit 1297 in Sacramento, California.
The reader sent in the new debt relief mailer through my I Buy Junk Mail program.
The official looking self-mailer provides no information to identify the company on the outside of the mailer.
The inside of the mailer makes a number of disturbing claims. For example, while never identifying the business they claim to be a BBB Accredited Business. That appears to be a totally bogus use of the logo.
What is interesting is the mailer claims to be able to eliminate the student loan debt on a 10 year repayment plan but as far as I’m aware the only plan that would meet this schedule for student loan elimination would be a full payment program or a public service student loan forgiveness program at the full payment.
Do You Have a Question You'd Like Help With? Contact Debt Coach Damon Day. Click here to reach Damon.
The mailer also fails to notify the consumer they can contact the Department of Education and receive payment reductions for free.
Frankly this appears to be a new version of one of the many deceptive mailers used in the debt settlement business a few years ago. It looks like it has just be retuned to pitch student loan relief services instead.
My advice is anyone who receives such a mailer should review the following link before doing anything. The Ultimate Guide to Dealing With Student Loans You Can’t Afford.
I would also recommend that anyone considering using such a company should read the following free guides.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- 10 Must Do Steps to Find the Best Credit Counseling or Debt Settlement Company for You
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
This offer was able to be reviewed because a kind reader sent it in via my I Buy Junk Mail program.
If you receive a credit or debt relief offer in the mail, do some good and let me pay you for it. Click here.
Want to See More Mailers?
Want to see more mailers I’ve reviewed as part of this program? Click Here.
- Strategic Financial Solutions and Ryan Sasson Stumble and Get Pounded - February 13, 2024
- These Emotions Stop You From Getting Out of Debt - January 11, 2024
- 16 Common Myths About Getting Out of Debt That Everyone Gets Wrong - January 8, 2024