I filed bankruptcy and my creditors are still reporting delinquent debts. Chapter 7 bk filed on 9/18/2010.
Trans Union are reporting all of these account w/ delinquency after my filing. Its very frustrating I have disputing this for over 5 years! I have never been w/ any of my accounts before my filing date.
Trans Union even put the date of discharge as the date that was included in my 7 bk. They are violating my bk automatic rights. Its not fair! I live in miami. I need someone to please help me.
And now my car which i paid off in good standing is showing included in bk.
As far as the car showing it was included in the bankruptcy, it was but you probably reaffirmed the debt to keep the car through the bankruptcy.
It seems your problem is only with TransUnion. The best way to approach a stubborn situation is to supply the credit bureau with documentation to back up your claim. In your case it should be a copy of your bankruptcy filing showing the accounts included. You can mail your letter describing the incorrect information and your supporting documentation to:
Consumer Dispute Center
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022
TransUnion advises your information should contain the following information:
- Your TransUnion file number
- Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Current address
- Company name of the disputed item (from your credit report)
- Account number of the disputed item (from your credit report)
- Reason for your dispute (such as, it is not your account; you have paid the account; etc.)
- Any corrections to your personal information (address, phone number, etc.)
If you have already followed this process and you are not satisfied with the results then I would suggest you file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. To do that, click here.
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
- So Who is Maximus Education Taking Over Navient Loans as Aidvantage? - October 22, 2021
- Listen to Debt Settlement Sales Call – Why Would You Enroll? - October 22, 2021
- My Mortgage Lender Foreclosed on Our House in Error - October 21, 2021