I am 71 days behind on car payment. I am on unemployment. I was in a car accident back in January and hopefully will be settling soon. I was released from doctors care October 12th. I have been seeking a new job since July. I finally signed up with some temp agencies and currently waiting to hear back about some jobs they submitted me for. Meanwhile, I am unable to pay anything on the car until December 18th.. I was told that if I don’t pay by 15th my car would be sent to repossession. I need the car to go to work if they tell me I got one of the assignments. I have no relatives that can help me, and a son to raise. I never missed a payment until October…What to do? Thanks!
How to stop repossession on my car.
I wish I had a magic wand to wave for you, I would definitely make this all better.
Here are a couple of last ditch places to turn for cash if you are in a real pinch with no place to turn. None of these options are great alternatives and all have serious consequences so be careful.
- Cash Advance – Take a cash advance on your credit card for the car payment or better yet, see if the lender will take a credit card payment.
- Pawn Stuff – Take stuff you have of value to a pawn shop and get some cash for it to make your payment.
- Payday Loan – Take out a payday loan to bridge the gap between the due date your first paycheck.
- Sell Stuff on eBay or Craigslist – Consider selling some of your things on places like eBay or Craigslist. This option is certainly not as big of a risk as the ones above.
- File Bankruptcy – Bankruptcy can temporarily stop the repossession of your car and hopefully you’ve landed steady temp work by the time your case comes up and then your bankruptcy lawyer can work out a deal with the auto finance company. I’d suggest that you use this link to get a free bankruptcy consultation to explore this option further.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
- How to Get the Right Mindset to Invest in Crypto in Any Market - January 24, 2022
- My Deep Dive Into What Navient’s Student Loan Settlement Agreement Actually Says - January 24, 2022
- Beware of Business Opportunities That Are Illegal in Your State - January 21, 2022