My girlfriend who works for the VA went to Everest to get her LPN license, she did, has never received any loan forgiveness, we have contacted several agencies and have gotten the run around, we have even contacted the Consumers Financial Protection Bureau, have not heard anything.
Who does Dawn need to contact in regards to finding out why she has not received her loan forgiveness? She graduated in 2012. She should be entitled to it, seems we cannot make any head way into finding out who to contact.
Thanks for your question.
Unfortunately the answer is not as simple as you would hope.
The complicating issue here is it appears your girlfriend graduated and got the benefit of the education.
There are two primary reasons student loan forgiveness was made available for students who went to Corinthian College schools, (Everest, WyoTech, or Heald).
- She was attending a Corinthian school that closed on April 27, 2015.
- She believes she was defrauded by the Corinthian school she attended or that the school otherwise engaged in actions that violated applicable state law—regardless of whether that school closed.
The second option would fall under the borrower defense program. But that route is not an easy fix. It can increase the loan balance if it is found there is not a good reason under state law to forgive her loan. See The Borrower Defense Pothole That Will Swallow Many Trying to Forgive Student Loans.
One thing your girlfriend should be doing is at least forgiving her loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Under this program her payment would he based on her income and after 120 payments the balance would be forgiven. If she had taken steps to be in a compliant repayment program after she graduated she’d be only a couple of years away from having her loans forgiven tax-free.
If she is not on the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program, click here for more information. Time is a wasting.
More information on the Everest loan forgiveness options can be found here.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
- Lexington Law Credit Repair Gets Hammered in Lawsuit Settlement. If You Sell Credit Repair – Wake Up! - August 28, 2023
- People That Got Scammed by Robocall Debt Relief Company Life Management Services of Orange County to Get Money Back - July 7, 2023
- Consumers Charged Illegal Student Loan Relief Fees to Get Some Scratch Back - July 7, 2023