Update March 1, 2016
I received the following error report from Craig Beling. I would like to thank him for sending in this update to help clarify information posted here.
Craig said, “It has come to my attention that you have recently posted information on your website insinuating that I may have engaged in fraudulent activities in the past and I am currently operating a law firm which does not provide adequate services for student loan debtors. I would like to clarify that situation for you by providing information which will hopefully provide you the basis for rectifying this situation which is causing both me and my business severe personal reputation harm.
1. I have been practicing law since 1983 and have passed the bar in 4 states. I am an honors graduate of Harvard University and Boston College Law School. I am currently licensed to practice law in Texas and I have never had a client lodge a bar complaint against me.
2. In 2010 I represented a client, Kevin Devoto in a partner dispute with Lloyd Regner. During the negotiations of that dissolution Mr. Regner’s attorneys sued me with no legal or ethical basis for interference of contract. Since I was representing Mr. Devoto there was no possibility of interfering with a contract with their client and this fraudulent allegation was dismissed with prejudice by the court. Unfortunately the inflammatory and false allegations were picked up by the publishing of the complaint by your blog.
3. I recently discovered that the Maryland Better Business Bureau has listed David Glenwinkel, William Frado and myself as officers of Clearing Solutions. We are not owners or operators of this company and have received assurances by the BBB that this information has been removed. We believe this information was intentionally and fraudulently submitted by the true owners. We are currently cooperating with local authorities and the US Attorney in this matter. David Glenwinkel has given me permission to include here a brief statement that as a business development and tax consultant he has assisted clients with developing corporate entities for more than 25 years, and is likely listed on the formation documents of many more entities than those you have listed. Mr. Glenwinkel also has minority equity in several small companies across a range of industries. Mr. Glenwinkel was also caught up in the bizarre Lloyd Regner frivolous lawsuit, which was ultimately dismissed. Mr Glenwinkel and I have been deeply involved together in antipoverty work and charity work in the US and around the world for most of our adult lives.
4. My law firm, Beling & Associates, provides assistance to students by helping them reduce their private loan balance with lenders. We do negotiation, federal arbitration and associate with co-counsel in certain actions requiring state licensing. We have an extremely reasonable monthly fee for clients and provide a guarantee that if we are not able to reduce such fees to 65% of the balance owing, including our attorney’s fees, the client will receive a refund of such fees. We have had success in negotiations which of course vary depending on the nature of the school, representations made and the hardship position of the client.
I would ask that you please rectify the disclosures on your site. We are trying to provide a valid, useful service to have our clients be able to go forward with a reduced or eliminated debt burden and it is extremely detrimental to our efforts to have to address internet postings that are not true. I admire the work you do, and I do appreciate your efforts to insure that people who need help with debt are not further damaged by the many unscrupulous predators who operate in the marketplace today.
Craig T. Beling
Please notify your readers of what my law firm’s services are and that I and Mr. Glenwinkel are not associated with any fraudulent entities that do not appropriately resolve consumer debt.”
A reader sent in a consumer complaint about a company called Beling & Associates.
As a result of the complaint and the information the consumer submitted with it, I took a quick look at the company. I’ve reached out to the company with questions but at the time of publication I have not heard back.
The reader claimed Beling & Associates was located at belinglawfirm.com. That website claims the contact information for correspondence and documents is 13217 Jamboree Road, Suite 427, Tustin, CA 92782. But the website for Beling and Associates, studenthelpnetwork.org, claims they are located at 9330 LBJ Freeway, Suite 900, Dallas, TX 75243. They both list the telephone number as 888-510-9206. – Source
The California address appears to be a UPS postal store and the Texas address is a virtual office. – Source
This domain name is registered to Craig Beling of Colleyville, Texas.
This domain ownership is hidden.
According to public records, both sites are on the same server.
There is nothing nefarious about all of the information above. But it does make you wonder, why would a Texas attorney with maintain two separate websites for one corporate entity. As I said before, this just made me curious.
Craig T. Beling is an attorney in good standing with the State Bar of Texas. He lists his office address as 9330 LBJ Freeway, Suite 902, Dallas, TX 75243.
The State of Texas does have a business registration for Beling and Associates, Inc. – Source
The website CorporationWiki lists a number of companies related to Craig T. Beling of Colleyville, Texas. These include Guardian Legal Firstborn Ministries, Rejoice2Rescue, Apex Resolution Services, Kerrie Oles Ministries, and Global Marketing Development.
According to the same website, Craig T. Beling is also related to a David Glenwinkel through a couple of companies.
A David Glenwinkel and Craig Beling were also associated with a company called Clearing Solutions that currently has a poor grade with the BBB due to consumer complaints. – Source
According to CorporationWiki, a Beling and Associates, Inc. registered as a foreign corporation on September 14, 2015. The registered agent is David Glenwinkel. And sure enough, that’s what the State of California says as well.
Again, I want to clearly state, these are observations I found in my quick look at the company. None of this is meant to imply any of the entities named here are doing anything bad.
And Then I Started Wandering
And here is one more curious observation. The document sent in by the reader submitting the complaint about Beling and Associates, which is embedded below, says it is the Information Packet for Beling & Asosciates.
The document says it was created by a Ryan Amir.
A Linkedin profile for Ryan Amir says someone with that name is the “Chief Executive Officer at Debt Management Professionals – Beverly Hills, CA. Head Recruiter for USCR.” I can’t find a website for a company by that name and the State of California says Debt Management Professionals, LLC is suspended. The registered agent was Ramin Amirebrahimi.
A Ramin Amirebrahimi says he is a consumer advocate who “is adamant in bringing to light the egregious actions by multitudes of illegal debt settlement companies who committed fraud from the day they opened their doors.”
Now, absent someone getting back to me to confirm all of the information above, all I can do is share what I found. If anyone has any information to add, please comment below or contact me.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
If you have a credit or debt question you’d like to ask just use the online form. I’m happy to help you totally for free.
- What Will Happen to My Unmanageable Private Student Loans? - June 24, 2022
- Kiss Your Ex-Spousal Consolidation Loan Goodbye - June 24, 2022
- I Owe Debt in America But Live Overseas Now. How Can I File Bankruptcy in the US? - June 23, 2022