1. I’ve been homeless and rented “rooms” for the last 3 years. Moved somewhere between seven and nine times.
2. I’ve been mostly unemployed, have had a great difficulty finding jobs because I was a stay at home parent most my adult life, and when I did find work the pay was 8.50 and hour on the average.
3. Was collecting foodstamps at one point and received Medicaid which expired and I never pursued
4. Lost all my possessions because I could not pay the storage bill.
5. Went into a chapter 7 bankruptcy a year ago in January. So that would be 2011
6. Had two short term jobs that I was fired on bogus terms from over the last six months. Currently unemployed and seeking work.
7. Have not earned enough to be required to file taxes in at least three years.
8.I have a 22 year old in college and a 17 year old and they both could use my financial assistance.
I graduated college with my BA with a concentration in Psychology and Communications. last week. I’m worried that because of the economy I won’t find work. I owe money to Sallie Mae and to Direct Loans and for Pell Grants. Do I qualify for loan forgiveness? What can I do, if I don’t?
Do You Have a Question You'd Like Steve to Answer? Click Here.
I think a number of the links in the resource section below will help to answer your Direct Loan and forgiveness questions.
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
Get Out of Debt Guy - Twitter , G+ , Facebook
If you have a credit or debt question you'd like to ask just use the online form .